Group Copy Supervisor, Havas Worldwide
October 2019 – present, San Francisco
- Write, edit, and review integrated, national campaigns for healthcare clients (Aimovig, vorvida), including social media, homepage assets, microsites, email, brochures, banners, etc.
- Present concepts and copy to clients and senior team members, ensuring that every piece aligns with strategy and brand guidelines.
- Review all concepts and copy for the correct brand and industry terminology (per FDA regulations and client legal review).
- Write photoshoot assets (character backstories, and shot and props lists), and assist with casting and wardrobe.
- Manage 2 copywriters.
Copy Manager, SquareTrade
April – August 2019, San Francisco
- Responsible for copy across all customer and partner (Walmart, Amazon, Sam’s Club) touchpoints, including websites, microsites, Facebook ads, B2B campaigns, print collateral, etc.
- Wrote UX copy for user journeys, checkout flows, product pages, and more.
- Created and implemented an SEO strategy.
September 2017 – March 2019, Oakland
ACD Copy, Peet’s Coffee & Tea
April – July 2017, Emeryville
- Created concepts and copy for POS, website, social, merchandise, and
- Wrote long-form positioning statements and all marketing materials for new and existing products.
- Managed four writers in the copy department (two worked in-house and two worked remotely).
Senior Copywriter, Sam’s Club
February 2016 – February 2017, San Bruno
- Wrote wireframe, UX and SEO copy, along with messaging for small promotional pushes to massive holiday campaigns.
- Improved brand alignment by collaborating with department stakeholders to update templates and content docs for briefs, content calendars, and style guides.
- Managed copywriters and interns.
Senior Copywriter, Swirl
June 2014 – January 2016, San Francisco
- Created copy for bus shelter ads designed to look like social posts for the San Francisco Zoo—along with creating the actual social material on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Wrote over twenty video scripts for Walmart’s Holiday Hub campaign (with Melissa Joan Hart and Anthony Anderson).
- Wrote the UX for an interactive healthcare microsite for Walmart.
- Managed copywriters and interns.
Senior Copywriter, Questus
September 2013 – May 2014, San Francisco
- Rebranded Starbucks.com by pairing a mobile-first experience with a strategic story via tone, layered content, and functionality.
- Concepted and crafted a microsite for Starbucks Blonde Roast to align with the rebranded store site.
May – June 2013, San Francisco: SapientNitro
- Uncomplicated complicated technologies to communicate clear consumer benefits and differentiate similar products for the global redesign of Sony.com.
December 2012 – April 2013, San Francisco: BloomThat, Amazon Advertising, etc.
- Wrote strategy documents, style guides, microsites, email and social campaigns, plus video content.
September – November 2012, San Francisco: Sequence
- Wrote a manifesto and a style guide for the online gaming site Pogo.com.
- Rebranded and rewrote a website for the development company Vinsol, including complex case studies and an improved CTA strategy.
February – August 2012, Boston: Life is Good, Improv Asylum, etc.
- Created copy for a diverse line of products at Life is Good (clothing, outerwear, and accessories).
- Wrote POS, outdoor, and website content, along with email and social campaigns for Improv Asylum.
November 2010 – February 2012, Boston
- Rebranded and rewrote Goodyear.com (from homepage to interstitial).
- Created a microsite for Sharpie to engage a younger, creative demographic.
- Won the chance to pitch our campaign to Chapstick after competing with teams internally.
Junior Copywriter, Engine Company 1 (now Chemistry Club)
February – October 2010, San Francisco
- Wrote POS, outdoor and website content, plus email and social campaigns for Rubio’s, California Pizza Kitchen, The 49ers, The Monterey Bay Aquarium, Whole Foods, and Heinz.
Miami Ad School September 2009, San Francisco, CA
Copywriting Portfolio Program
Creative Department April 2007, San Francisco, CA
Copywriting and Concepting
Academy of Art University May 2006, San Francisco, CA
Advertising and Marketing Strategies
St. Lawrence University May 2002, Canton, NY
Bachelor of Arts Degree – English Literature