Group Copy Supervisor, Havas Worldwide
September 2019 – Present, San Francisco
• Write, edit, and review integrated, national campaigns for healthcare clients, including social media, homepage assets, microsites, email, brochures, banners, etc.
• Present concepts and copy to clients and senior team members, ensuring every piece aligns with strategy and brand guidelines.
• Review all concepts and copy for the correct brand and industry terminology (per FDA regulations and client legal review).
• Write photoshoot assets (character backstories, and shot and props lists), and assist with casting and wardrobe.
• Manage 2 copywriters.
Copy Manager, SquareTrade
April – August 2019, San Francisco
• Responsible for copy across all customer and partner (Walmart, Amazon, Sam’s Club) touchpoints, including websites, microsites, Facebook ads, B2B campaigns, print collateral, etc.
• Wrote UX copy for user journeys, checkout flows, product pages and more.
• Created and implemented an SEO strategy.
September 2017 – March 2019, Oakland
ACD Copy, Peet’s Coffee & Tea
April – July 2017, Emeryville
• Created concepts and copy for POS, web, social, merchandise, packaging, and products.
• Wrote longer coffee stories and related materials.
• Managed four writers in the copy department (two worked in-house and two worked remotely).
Senior Copywriter, Sam’s Club
February 2016 – February 2017, San Bruno
• Involved in brief strategy, concept creation, wireframing, and messaging of small promotional pushes to massive holiday campaigns.
• Delivered compelling copy (including product copy) under extremely tight timelines for everything from pets to pharmacy to produce.
• Managed copywriters and interns.
Senior Copywriter, Swirl
June 2014 – January 2016, San Francisco
• Created copy for bus shelter ads designed to look like social posts for the San Francisco Zoo—along with creating the actual social material on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Wrote over thirty video scripts for Walmart’s Holiday Hub campaign (with Melissa Joan Hart and Anthony Anderson).
• Wrote the UX for an interactive healthcare microsite for Walmart.
• Created and polished product copy.
• Managed copywriters and interns.
Senior Copywriter, Questus
September 2013 – April 2014, San Francisco
• Rebranded Starbucksstore.com by pairing a mobile-first experience with a strategic story via tone, layered content, and functionality.
• Concepted and crafted a mobile-first landing page for Starbucks Blonde Roast to align with the rebranded store site.
• Pushed the responsive General Motors credit card experience on Capital One by telling a quicker, more compelling story.
May – June 2013, San Francisco: SapientNitro
• Uncomplicated complicated technologies to communicate clear consumer benefits and differentiate similar products for the global redesign of Sony.com.
December 2012 – April 2013, San Francisco: BloomThat, Amazon Advertising, etc.
• Wrote strategy documents, brand guidelines, tag lines, microsites, banners, along with social and video content.
September – November 2012, San Francisco: Sequence
• Wrote brand guidelines for the online gaming site Pogo.com.
• Rebranded and rewrote a website for the development company Vinsol, including complex case studies and an improved CTA strategy.
February – August 2012, Boston: Life is Good, Improv Asylum, etc.
• Created copy for a diverse line of products at Life is Good (including clothing, outerwear, and accessories)
• Wrote POS and outdoor messaging, email and social media campaigns, and web copy for Improv Asylum.
November 2010 – February 2012, Boston
• Rebranded and rewrote Goodyear.com and Dunloptires.com (from homepage to 404 error page and everything in between).
• Created a microsite for Sharpie to engage a younger, creative demographic.
• Won the chance to pitch our campaign to Chapstick after competing with teams internally.
Junior Copywriter, Engine Company 1 (now Chemistry Club)
February – November 2010, San Francisco
• Wrote outdoor, POS, web, plus email and social campaigns for Rubio’s, California Pizza Kitchen, The 49es, The Monterey Bay Aquarium, Whole Foods, Heinz, and Wag Hotels.
Copywriting Intern, R/GA
January – March 2009, San Francisco
Miami Ad School September 2009, San Francisco, CA
Copywriting Portfolio Program
Creative Department April 2007, San Francisco, CA
Copywriting and Concepting
Academy of Art University May 2006, San Francisco, CA
Advertising and Marketing Strategies
St. Lawrence University May 2002, Canton, NY
Bachelor of Arts Degree – English Literature